Welcome to AfriDigiDiva Designs

As I diversify and learn and grow and move on and into other things, it might seem as though I am neglecting this wonderful space.

Over time, I do plan to maintain on a regular (more than weekly basis). In the interim, you can find my designs at

AFRIDIGIDIVA 's BAZAAR

Visit some of my other stores, watch for sales, layouts and all sorts of wonderful happenings here!

PEACE!
ADD

05 December 2008

Save Me from Myself

Okay, here's the thing.
Lately, I've been somewhat scatty. I'll readily admit it. My mind has been racing, concentration has been difficult. I would gather that the people I live with would say that I've been somewhat "persnickity". None of this has been on purpose.

It started Thanksgiving Day. The hard drive in my working computer (as opposed to the one that everyone plays on all the time) failed miserably. It was real bad. There was the sound of like, metal against metal, grinding and then nothing, not even the blue screen of death. I had a million emails that I NEEDED to retrieve and no way to get any of them. At first it seemed hopeless. I called Dell (thankfully on Thanksgiving, it was still under warranty). Good news. Hard drive would be replaced. Bad news. It wouldn't happen until Tuesday or so (because of the holiday). Good news. Black Friday. So I run to Circuit City and get me a cute little HP Pavillion Slimline --500gig, with a 20inch flatpanel monitor. Schweeeeeeeeeeet!

So I'm transfering data from my external to my new computer, and resigned to the idea of waiting until next week to get the old data off my other computer when the UNTHINKABLE happens. While plugging in my new keyboard, I knocked the external drive onto the floor. I already have a weak heart. I swear to you, I almost gave it up right then. Picture Fred Sanford grabbing his chest "I'm coming to join you, honey!" I was there. I was close. I had to take a pill. Actually, I took several. And the next day, I managed to crawl out of bed to a phone and call Beyond Communications (formerly OKC Computers) and told my tale of woe to Cory. I love him. He and his wife are wonderful. He came right over grabbed the external and took it home. I stayed in bed. I didn't want to look at a computer.

Another day passed. I got the courage to call Cory and braced myself for the bad news. But there was good news. It wasn't the hard drive that was damaged. It was the casing. So all of the data could be recovered!!! I was one truly happy black woman.

So the rollercoaster has seemingly ended. I have a new computer. I have my old computer with a new harddrive. It didn't cost me my first born to have data recovery. I'm up and running and all is right in the world (sort of). And now it's off to design.

PSA: BACK UP YOUR BACK UPS!!


PEACE!
ADD

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here reading this, gasping, and dh is saying "What? What?!" Now how do I even begin to explain to him the seriousness of this matter! I'm so glad your data is ok. I think the loss data scares me more than one of the kids breaking a bone!

Petra said...

Yeah know all about backing up!! I once had something just like you and thought I lost all my photos that were on my EHD, but lad it was just the casing too!! How lucky are we?!

Have a fab weekend, hugs!

Laura said...

Good news about your HD. Glad you are happy. Hugs!

Miranda Barten said...

Computers can really break your heart..I once lost 9 months of pictures because my hd crashed...I am happy you didn't loose anything!

Have a great evening!

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz